Many individuals who are getting started often wonder, ”What is laser hair removal?” Laser hair removal is an aesthetic procedure that is done with the use of a laser light. As long as patients take the proper precautions and get treated only by a certified, experienced laser technician, the treatment will be safe and effective.
One of the most important factors of laser hair removal is the person performing your treatment. The next important factor is the equipment being used. Laser technologies have been developed to treat all skin types, making treatments more effective for patients.
When the laser equipment is not right for your skin type, there could be potential danger. Here at Dolce Aesthetics NY, we use a Alexandrite 755 for light skin and a YAG for dark skin. Here at Dolce Aesthetics we use the Cynosure Apogee Elite, which is the gold standard of lasers.
1. Find a reputable laser office, with a certified experienced laser tech.
2. Make sure you are treated with the proper laser.
3. Follow your laser tech’s rules for pretreatment and post treatment.
4. Do not wax, tweeze, thread or pluck at all when doing laser treatments ( for best results).
5. Keep to the appointments that your laser tech gives you for effective hair loss results.
Laser hair removal is a safe, effective way to remove your hair and be shave free for years.